“Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life”, an Anonymous author had written. Anyone from the retail industry will surely agree to this statement. Working in this field is not easy as it requires standing, walking and even running for a long period of time. Thus, those who work in sales must wear the right shoes to spare themselves the discomfort and pain at the end of the day.
Life is Short, Buy the Best Shoes.
Different types of shoes are now available on the market; however, finding the one that will suit best for salespeople without compromising the quality and comfort can be a tough job.
Some of the things that must be put into consideration when choosing the proper work shoes are the material used for the product, the arch and heel support, padding, versatility, light-weight shoes, flat outsoles, traction, shoe width, breathability, etc. Having the right shoes will not only give comfort but will also help prevent many health issues caused by standing for too long, such as lower back pain, fatigue, bad posture, etc. These health issues can cause serious problems when not given adequate attention. Hence, it is only fitting for retail workers to select the proper footwear necessary in their job.
Take a look at the list below to help you decide what pair is perfect for people in retail.
Top 3 Best Shoes for Retail Workers
What is the best work shoes for retail workers? We researched shoe features plus previous users reviews on Amazon.com. The following 3 shoes have brought users the highly positive experience for standing a long time in retail. We composed a brief review for each model and refine the pros and cons. Ultimately, we aim to help retail workers find their favorite shoes without much struggle.
New Balance products are the perfect blend of function and fashion, giving the consumers the performance they need and style they want.
One of New Balance’s products is specially designed for people standing all day, like those in sales. NB Men’s MID626v2 is perfect for laborers who are always on their feet as it provides better support and superior absorption capability.
- 100% leather – This pair is made up of 100% leather upper, which gives protection and a secure fit. The leather is also known for its durability, making these shoes economical and practical.
- Rubber Soles and IMEVA Midsoles – Rubber soles provide better support as they offer better traction even on wet surfaces. On the other hand, the IMEVA midsoles give a great combination of shock absorption and lightness.
- ABZORB crash pad technology – It is specifically developed to provide comfort through its shock absorption capability. The crash pad absorbs the impact that affects the forefoot and heel.
- Better Support (stiffer sole, better padding);
- High traction;
- Slip Resistant;
- Lack of adequate ventilation;
- Narrow Toe Box
Dansko Women’s, Kristen Slip-on Flats
Marilyn Monroe said, “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world”. Women take pride in the shoes they wear. And that is what Dansko has to offer, nice, basic flats crafted with arch support for easy, all-day comfort. It is available in 4 colors, black, blue, taupe, and wine. Exactly a must have for every woman who wants style and comfort in one pair!
- Nubuck Leather – Made from premium leather, this particular material has been sanded outside to give a velvety like surface and finished with a stain-protecting coat. It is resistant to wear and naturally resistant to the small amount of water.
- Rubber Sole – These flats are perfect as a go-to shoe and can go with nearly everything. The rubber sole makes it more durable. It has great arch support and cushioning making it more fashionable than regular flats in the market.
- Elasticized Collar – Women tend to move a lot and are capable of multi-tasking. This elasticized collar feature allows women on the go to easily slip on and off this flat as they go on with their tasks.
- Comfort and Style in One;
- Elasticized Collar;
- Slip Resistant;
- Soft and Breathable Lining
- Run Large
Skechers is a well-known brand in the footwear industry. And they surely provide one of the best women’s shoes for retail workers, living up to their image of being a global leader in the market.
The shoe has the traditional lace-up closure which makes for an adjustable fit. It features classic embossed S logo on the side and a pull loop on back heel. The easy slip-on and off design help put this shoe easily. It is made from smooth upper leather, ensuring its durability and has the soft fabric lining for comfort and breathability.
- Padded Tongue and Collar – Working in retail requires a lot of foot movement and it is important to have a shoe that prevents heel slippage and blisters. This shoe is extra padded to help cushion the ankle and provide a comfortable fit.
- Removable Footbed – This special feature allows you to customize the fit of the shoes. Feet sizes vary; some people need to remove the footbed and others need the special insert for a more relaxing fit.
- FlexSole Midsole – It is a plush foam material used to ensure highly competent impact resistance and a comfortable underfoot. This feature makes it ideal for retail workers who are spending too much time standing as it provides proper foot cushioning and balance.
- Nitrile Rubber Outsole – This synthetic rubber may have inferior strength and flexibility but has greater puncture-resistance than natural rubber. It also offers superior slip resistance even on wet and oily surfaces.
- Leather Upper;
- Removable Footbed;
- FlexSole Midsole;
- Padded Tongue and Collar;
- Slip Resistant Rubber Outsole
- Narrow built
Good Shoes Take You to Good Places
Everyone deserves a shoe that perfectly fits. As what Christian Louboutin quoted, “A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk”. And retail personnel who are always on the go need it the most. From the above list, anyone can have a good insight what is the suitable shoe for retail workers to help them keep up in their everyday tasks. At the end of a tiring day, a good shoe will matter.